Photography in the Field
Sydney Tram Museum – sunset and night
Saturday 16 September
4pm – 8pm
This is a great way to learn night photography in a relaxed and informative manner, with a photography tutor with 42 years of photography experience, in an amazing venue with plenty of photo opportunities.
We will cover setting up your camera properly, understanding and interpreting light, learn how to photograph during the day sunset twilight and night time using your filters, tripod and or flashgun, as well as handheld photography at night.
- Anyone whom has a thorough working knowledge of their camera; aperture, shutter speeds, focusing and the basic principles of photography, or whom has done the following;
- A Beginner’s Photography course or similar.
- A Beginner’s Photography course – Intensive or similar.
- A Basic DSLR / Digital Photography course or similar.
- Setting up your camera properly
- Understanding and interpreting light
- Using filters including special effects during the day and night
- How to photograph during the day, sunset, twilight and night time; handheld / tripod and or flashgun.
- Any adjustable digital DSLR, 4/3rds, mirrorless with RAW / JPEG image capability, adjustable ISO / film speed settings and adjustable exposure settings; shutter, aperture and manual exposure ie S or TV, A or AV and M also if your camera has adjustable picture style settings ie monochrome standard, neutral etc
- if you have any fast prime or zoom lens ie f1.4 , f2.0 , f2.8 , f4.0 etc
- Wide to telephoto prime lens(es) and or zoom lens(es)
- A set of slip in graduated neutral density filters and/or a circular polarizing filter
- Any special effects ie star filter 2 x points , 4 x points, 8 x points , soft focus etc
- An extra battery and flash card, as you will be your using your camera, and reviewing your photographs frequently
- A tripod (recommended) and or monopod, connected cable release and or button remote control
- Weatherproof clothing – warm clothing/jumper, mini umbrella or light rain jacket, etc
- Closed in footwear only – walking/running shoes etc with rubber soles, hiking boots / shoes . NO smooth soles, high heels or sandals allowed
- Own food and water (there is a kiosk which sells drinks, meat pies ice creams etc)
- Note pad and pen